Responsible for driving Hunter’s growth by ensuring successful production and delivery of complex gifting and packaging products. Heading and managing a team that has responsibility for development, production, quality, and logistics within China. This is a full-time role, working exclusively for Hunter. You will be based in our Shenzhen office with regular travel to manufacturing facilities in Shenzhen/Dongguan.
This role reports to the Head of Operations at the UK Head Office.
Management of all China business operations to include:
- Provide leadership and management of the Operations, QC team and functions within China
- Create and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of seniority, both with external organisations and internal personnel
- Active participation within the development process to ensure projects are within budget and ensure production maintains the agreed delivery timings and shipment dates.
- Ensure quality assurance and control throughout development and production
- Provide visibility to UK office on status of production and shipment to ensure customers are kept up to date with correct information.
- Problem solve issues in conjunction with team members in both China and UK Head Office
- Ensure partner factories conform to Hunter social compliance requirements.
- Build relationships with key personnel to improve conditions for Hunter and for factory.
- Identify reliable, cost competitive new suppliers to give Hunter advantage over competitors and create new opportunities.
- Ensure Hunter receive a top-quality service from Logistic partners.
- Establish and improve processes for carrying out the role effectively and efficiently
- Business Documentation & facilities management of China office.
- Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing and quality requirements for the production of packaging and gifting products.
- set precedence in your leadership skills by creating strong working relationships and influencing, developing and encouraging and your team to produce the best results.
- Extremely motivated and results-driven have excellent business sense, financial management and negotiation skills.
- Expertise in quality requirements and manufacturing, ensuring all expectations met and exceeded.
- Ability to manage numerous projects at one time.
- Understanding of Social and Ethical Compliance especially in relation to safe working conditions and practices within factories
- Excellent knowledge of export procedures and international freight forwarding
We are an award-winning supplier of innovative gifting and packaging products. Established in 2001, our industry experience and creative resource help some of the world’s best brands connect with consumers.
Our team is a handpicked bunch of experts spread across the globe. You will be reporting to our Head of Operations in the UK Head Office by providing leadership and direction to our China-based team. If you have the skills and experience to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you!